Week #7: Pre-Qualifying
All professionals pre-qualify (doctors, attorneys, pilots)
- Pre-qualifying sets you apart from the competition and being the professional
- When pre-qualifying look for people that have to sell, not want to (growing the family, new job, kids leaving to collage, etc).
- Spend more time pre-qualifying and less time building relationships in order to build the quality of your appointments
- Pre-qualify 100% of your prospects 100% of the time and ask 100% of the questions
- Allows you to set standards to build your business long term
- Allow you to have more energy when you are on the presentation itself
- People that don’ pre-qualify usually are not going to prospect
Agents that do pre-qualify….
- Focus on income producing activities
- Get to choose which clients they want to work with
- Have less client problems
If clients answers are vague and unclear — don’t be afraid to ask more questions to dig deeper. You don’t want to waste theirs or your time.
Its ok to lose a client during the pre-qual process. It’s better to lose them at this point vs at the presentation so you don’t waste time
- Listen to a live pre-qual presentation role play via YouTube
- Commit this week and pre-qualify every single appointment that you have
- Keep prospecting and follow your schedule