Week #13: Negotiating Contracts
Negotiating is highly important
- We see multiple offers
- We see prices bid up
- We see inexperienced agents sitting down with Sellers with multiple offers and not knowing what to do
- Almost every agent considers themselves good at negotiating – But truthfully, they are not good because they have no sales skills. Negotiating is the ability to bring two parties together. Negotiating is asking a lot of questions. The sale skills are what makes negotiations work
- More than ever we have to control the state of the client – The emotion and drama that agents bring is what kills the transactions. Keep the emotion and drama out of the deal
- Make sure that you understand that the transaction is not about you – It’s about them
- Since you are not part of the transaction – Don’t let your commission get drug into the transaction. For every service there is a fee paid.
- Try to see things from both sides…What is the seller seeing/thinking? What is the buyer seeing/thinking. Understand the view from both sides.
- Get your ego out of the way
- You’re not going to win every time. Some will be accepted, some will be rejected.